NordVPN is a well known VPN provider that joined the battle for internet users’ privacy in 2012 and since then offers a fast, secure and affordable VPN service. The company that started NordVPN is called Tefincom S.A. which works under the jurisdiction of Panama – a perfect jurisdiction for a VPN provider as they do not need to keep logs as there are no data retention laws in the country.
At the moment NordVPN has 28 servers in 20 countries: Servers are spread all around the world.
A wise worldwide server distribution allows users from every part of the world to connect to a fast NordVPN node. Green dots on the map show servers that are currently available and orange dots show the upcoming servers in near future. Two Higher Security Solutions Are Offered By NordVPN:
- Double VPN – a solution where the traffic gets encrypted at the first server and then encrypted again at the second and only then leaves out to the internet. We have tested this solution and left with a surprised smile on our faces. The speeds were as on the regular server, having that in mind, it is one of the best privacy solutions that any VPN provider offers at the moment.
- Tor over VPN – a solution where the traffic is encrypted at the NordVPN server in Sweden and then enters the famous Tor Network. The Tor exit nodes change every 5 minutes which means your IP changes as well. While being connected to the Tor Network you have an access to .onion websites that normally are hidden.
As mentioned before, NordVPN does not keep any logs – no traffic logs, no timestamps, nothing. It is a sure thing, as NordVPN was mentioned in theTorrent Freak article about logless VPN providers who takes users anonymity seriously.
Pricing & Payment Methods
NordVPN offers all-in-one packages for one month, three month, six months and an annual subscriptions. That means that all servers are included into the package and the change between servers is completely free and unlimited. The 1 month subscription costs 8 Euros, while an annual subscription costs only 48 Euros (4 Euros/Month).
NordVPN supports a must have payment option for a VPN provider – an anonymous payment type that is the Bitcoin. You can pay for NordVPN services via PayPal, Bitcoin, Paysera and one of the Paymentwall offered options like Credit Card, PaySafeCard, Mint, Ukcash etc.
Refund & Free Trial
Internet market services cannot be fully viewed before purchasing hence the refund and a free trial are essential. NordVPN offers a 3-day money-back guarantee which is enough to see if the services are not working for you and ask for a refund. For a try out they offer a 3-day free trial as well which can be gained by contacting them via e-mail, contact form on the site or live chat. Three days is quite a long period for testing, while compared to other providers that don’t even provide a trial version.
Protocols & IPs
Operating Systems & Applications
- Live chat, e-mail support;
- No bandwidth limitation;
- No speed limitation;
- 2 simultaneous devices allowed;
- High affiliate rates;
- Free security solutions – web proxy, encrypted chat, secret notes.
- Website in 5 languages